During the month of October, we’re highlighting our breast augmentation service. Whether you want more symmetry or you want to recover after pregnancy and breastfeeding, breast augmentation can help you achieve full, natural-looking breasts.
When you book a consultation with board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Myla, she will walk you through the process to explain the procedure and to ensure it is right for you.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure designed to provide patients with full, lifted, symmetrical, and natural-looking breasts at a size and shape they determine. Dr. Myla is very skilled at creating an authentic appearance to help boost confidence, enhance self-image, and reduce body self-consciousness. She will work with you to help you discover what size might look best for your body type and which type of implant will work best for your individual situation.
What Happens During the Breast Augmentation Procedure?
A typical breast augmentation surgery consists of the following procedural steps:
- Anesthesia: Anesthesia will be administered to prevent pain during the procedure.
- Incision: Dr. Myla will make small, inconspicuous incisions in the breast area to help minimize scarring after the procedure. There are several different places where these incisions can be made and depending on your particular implants and procedure choices, this may vary.
- Inserting the breast implant: During this step, Dr. Myla will very carefully place the implants that you previously decided on in the correct area to achieve the best results. How and where these are placed will be determined by the size and goals of your breast augmentation procedure.
- Closing incision: After the placement of the implant, Dr. Myla will close the incisions with the appropriate sutures or tape to minimize scarring.
- Recovery: Recovery is different for each person based on their own personal health and what the procedure entailed. The typical recovery period is between 2-4 weeks with final healing and results occurring a few months post-procedure. Pain medication is typically prescribed.
Reasons for Breast Augmentation
Most people are good candidates for breast augmentation surgery. Most patients we work with book a breast augmentation consultation or procedure for the following reasons:
- To correct asymmetry
- To create a more “hour-glass” shape
- To create natural-looking breasts after breast cancer or a mastectomy
- To increase cup size
- To change the shape of their breasts
- To increase cup size after significant weight loss
- To replace lost breast volume after pregnancy and breastfeeding
- To lift breasts
Schedule a Breast Augmentation Consultation in Atlanta
If you’re looking to increase your bust size, recover lost breast volume after weight loss or breastfeeding, or just want to ask some questions about what breast augmentation might look like for you, call Ederra Bella at 678.325.0006 or fill our our online contact form and schedule an appointment to meet with Dr. Myla today!