Liposuction continues to be one of the most popular and effective ways to slim the body. Like many other procedures in plastic surgery, however, there are some common misconceptions. If you are considering fat removal using liposuction, it is important to know what is truth and what is not. Believing lies about liposuction can cause unrealistic or false expectations and unsatisfactory results.
At Ederra Bella, we want to set the record straight about liposuction. Stop believing these lipo lies:
- #1 Liposuction Can Remove Cellulite
- Liposuction is designed to eliminate stubborn pockets of fat from the abdomen, thighs, arms or other unsightly areas of your body. However, liposuction does not automatically erase cellulite. Cellulite develops when subcutaneous fat pushes connective tissue bands beneath the skin and creates dimpling. If cellulite alone is your main concern, talk to your plastic surgeon about an alternative to liposuction.
- #2 Liposuction is Unsafe
- While every cosmetic procedure involves some risk, liposuction techniques are very advanced and sophisticated to lower the risk of complications. Safety is even more preserved when you choose a skilled plastic surgeon to perform your liposuction.
- #3 Liposuction Can Help Lax Skin
- If loose or sagging skin is your problem, don’t expect liposuction to fix it. You may benefit from skin tightening or excess skin removal along with or instead of your liposuction procedure.
- #4 Fat Grows Back After Liposuction
- Once a fat cell is eliminated from your body, it cannot grow back. However, ignoring your diet and exercise can result in the growth of your remaining fat cells. Liposuction results are meant to be permanent and attainable with healthy habits.
- #5 Liposuction is a Great Weight Loss Tool
- Ideal candidates for liposuction should have targeted areas of stubborn fat, or fat that refuses to go away after healthy eating and exercise. Liposuction should never be intended to be a quick solution for overall weight reduction.
Still not sure if liposuction is right for you? Contact Ederra Bella in Johns Creek. We offer advanced liposuction techniques for the face, neck, hips, abdomen, legs, arms, buttocks and back.