Are you considering a tummy tuck to remove stubborn fat on your lower abs and sides? A tummy tuck can be a great procedure for removing excess fat and skin from the middle and lower abdomen, revealing a tighter, fitter and flatter, midsection.
At Ederra Bella, we recommend tummy tucks for those who diet and exercise regularly, but find that they are still dealing with loose or sagging skin. It’s our main priority to ensure each and everyone of our clients understands the nature of the surgery they’re interested in before undergoing a procedure. Like all surgical procedures, there are both pros and cons to a tummy tuck.
Tummy Tuck Advantages
An abdominoplasty can yield great results for those that have loose or sagging skin. Some of the great benefits of having a tummy tuck are:
- Having a flatter, tighter, and firmer abdomen from removing excess fat and skin.
- Enjoying a more youthful-looking body
- Improved confidence and the ability to fit into desired clothes with a trimmer waistline
- Less stretch marks
The great thing about a tummy tuck is that it can be used with other clinical methods like liposuction, which can enhance an individual’s results. Many of our patients at Ederra Bella choose to have liposuction in order to remove excess fat, in addition to a tummy tuck, for maximum results.
Tummy Tuck Disadvantages
Along with having a flatter midsection, there are some downsides associated with having a tummy tuck that every patient should be aware of. These include:
- A permanent scar on your bikini area. These usually do not fade but are easily covered up by clothes and bathing suits.
- A pregnancy can influence surgery results. At Ederra Bella, we recommend waiting until you’re finished having children before having a tummy tuck.
- Improper after care could lead to the formation of an infection. Although, we take the time to thoroughly educate each and every one of our patients about proper after care.
- Like all medical procedures, a tummy tuck has its own risks, including the formation of blood clots and other skin related problems.
- Recovery time may be lengthy and require taking off work.
At Ederra Bella, we will go over all of the potential cons associated with a tummy tuck, so you feel confident and comfortable with your decision.
Contact Ederra Bella for your Tummy Tuck Consultation in Johns Creek
When weighing the pros and cons of a tummy tuck procedure, it really is important to find a plastic surgeon you can trust in, so that all of your questions are answered prior to your procedure. Dr. Myla at Ederra Bella is a highly sought-after, board certified plastic surgeon in the Johns Creek, Georgia area.
If you are interested in abdominoplasty for a tighter and flatter midsection, call Ederra Bella at 678-325-0006, or fill out our online form to get started.