Dr. Myla understands that the post operation healing process can be daunting for many patients that haven’t undergone surgery before and sometimes even for seasoned patients. Here is a list of general guidelines to abide by to help promote healing after your breast augmentation surgery.
After Sugery Do’s
Rest and Revitalize Yourself
After having a breast augmentation surgery, it is completely normal to feel tired or exhausted. Your body has been through surgery, so your energy levels will be low for a few days while you recover.
Many women underestimate the need for rest after your surgery. Be sure you are comfortable, and allow yourself to relax during the first few days of the healing process.
Massages Can Help!
Dr. Myla will show you how to massage your breasts. This does help in certain cases and can relieve pain and encourage healing.
Be Aware of Your Medications
In many cases, Dr. Myla will prescribe pain medication for your comfort. Just be sure to read the instructions and ask Dr. Myla or the Ederra Bella team if you have any questions.
General guidelines for medication:
- Muscle relaxers are typically for your back or neck pain
- Pain Medication is for where your surgery occurred
Post Operation Don’ts
Things to Avoid
In addition to having positive guidelines for things you can do following your surgery, there are also some things you should avoid. Some of these items include:
- Do not pull the tape off of your incision. This will be removed at your post-op visit.
- Avoid underwire bras for the time being. Try using the post-op bra provided by Dr. Myla or a soft sports bra.
- Wait a minimum of six weeks before using a sauna or steam bath.
- Do not swim for a minimum of three weeks, in the ocean or a pool.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages until after you finish your pain medication prescription.
- Do not sleep on your sides or stomach. Be sure to sleep on your back for the first few weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid vigorous physical activity that can disrupt your healing process.
Call Dr. Myla for a Consultation Today
If you have questions about breast augmentation or any of the services Ederra Bella provides, please call Dr. Myla and the Ederra Bella Team.